The Yard Knows How to Mix
Our friends at Leblon are hosting a series of caipirinha making classes at The Yard! Members are walking away with a newfound knowledge of Brazil's national cocktail and its rich history as well as a mixed bag of delicious goodies.
Caipirinhas are sweet, refreshing drinks that leave everyone infatuated at first sip. The star ingredient? Cachaça (pronounced “ka-SHA-sa”) a.k.a. Brazilian rum, a distilled spirit made from sugarcane juice.
Now you can indulge in this summertime drink in the comforts of your own home! Check out the recipe below.
Ingredients: 2 ounces of Leblon Cachaça, 1 lime, 2 tablespoons superfine sugar, 1 cup of ice
· Take a good n' juicy lime and cut off the ends. Cut the lime in half length-wise. Then cut each half into four wedges. Using your knife, carefully remove the white pith from the inside edges.
· Drop the wedges into a rocks glass. Add 1 ounce of simple syrup or 2 teaspoons of sugar, preferably superfine sugar.
· Crush the limes and sugar for 5-10 seconds with your muddler, being sure to extract most of the lime juice from the limes (don’t overdo it, or you’ll extract some bitter elements from the peel).
· Fill the glass with crushed or cracked ice to the top. Add 2 ounces of Leblon Cachaça.
· To finish, shake in a shaker for 10-20 seconds until the sugar is dissolved, or give the drink a thorough stir with a teaspoon or stirrer for about 10 seconds.
· Garnish with a lime wedge or wheel, and serve.
We're so excited to keep the good times rolling this summer with this crowd-pleasing recipe infused with instant beach vibes. This summer's going to be a good one thanks to Leblon!